Managing your online account
- Setting up your online services account How to create an online services account for yourself, or on behalf of your organisation
- Confirming your authority to manage information How to confirm your authority to manage a limited partnership's information on its behalf.
- Updating your online services account details How to update your organisation and user details for your online services account.
- Using the online dashboard Using the online dashboard to manage your tasks and unfinished business.
- Forgotten your RealMe® username or password What to do if you forget your RealMe username or password
- Managing your payment options How to manage your payment options.
- Filing documents with electronic signatures What you need to know about submitting documents using an electronic signature.
Other help topics
Getting started on the register
About limited partnerships, the roles and responsibilities of general and limited partners, and how to set up your online services account.
Searching the Limited Partnerships Registers
Find out how to search the registers for information about New Zealand and overseas limited partnerships, and their current status.
About limited partnerships
Limited partnerships are registered under the Limited Partnerships Act 2008. The registers of limited partnerships and overseas limited partnerships are administered by the NZ Companies Office.
Registering a limited partnership
To register a limited partnership you must complete the application process and pay the registration fee.
Keeping limited partnership details up to date
Once you've registered your limited partnership, you'll need to maintain the registration by filing annual returns and keeping partnership name, partner and address details up to date.
Deregistering a limited partnership
If a limited partnership is terminated, or you ask for it to be deregistered, you must notify us so it can be removed from the register. The Registrar can also choose to deregister limited partnerships.
Restoring a limited partnership
You can apply to the Registrar to have your limited partnership restored to the register. You'll need to provide evidence to support your application.
Forms and fees for limited partnerships (NZ)
Forms you'll need to register your limited partnership or keep details up to date, and a schedule of fees payable.
Overseas limited partnerships
Overseas limited partnerships must apply to register within 10 working days of commencing business in New Zealand, and must meet annual filing requirements to remain registered.
- About overseas limited partnerships
- About general partners
- Registering an overseas limited partnership
- Filing annual returns
- Changing partner details
- Changing an address of an overseas limited partnership
- Changing the name of an overseas limited partnership
- Ceasing business in New Zealand
- Forms for overseas limited partnerships